Gas Safety Week
Fosse 107 have teamed up with Dave Clarke & Son to mark Gas Safety week.
Dave Clarke & Son Ltd are your local family plumbing and heating company based in Hinckley. They offer a whole range of services from outside tap installations to full link up systems to bathrooms and wood burning stoves. They are your 'One Stop Shop' for all plumbing, heating & electrical installations to name a few.
The eighth annual Gas Safety Week will see organisations from across the UK working together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
TOP TIPS TO STAY SAFE
Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances.
- Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
Terms and Conditions.
All normal terms and conditions for Fosse 107 competitions apply.
The gas safety inspection must be taken on a property owned by the occupier. No Landlord owned properties.
Fosse 107 Night Shift
12:00am - 6:00am
Up late or up early, we've got Just Great Music interruption-free.
6:00am - 8:00am
Waking up the area for a Bank Holiday Monday
Fosse Breakfast with Mark Rowley
8:00am - 12:00pm
The late Breakfast Show for Bank Holiday Monday in the sunshine
12:00pm - 4:00pm
Mark gets you through the hottest part of Bank Holiday Monday