Gas Safety Week
Fosse 107 have teamed up with Dave Clarke & Son Plumbing and Heating to mark Gas Safety week.
Listen to Mark Foster each day from Monday 17th September and you could be winning a free gas safety inspection for your home (no landlord owned property).
Dave Clarke & Son Ltd are your local family plumbing and heating company based in Hinckley. They offer a whole range of services from outside tap installations to full link up systems to bathrooms and wood burning stoves. They are your 'One Stop Shop' for all plumbing, heating & electrical installations to name a few.
Visit their website here - https://www.dave-clarke.biz
17 -23 SEPTEMBER 2018
The eighth annual Gas Safety Week will see organisations from across the UK working together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
TOP TIPS TO STAY SAFE
Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances.
- Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.