On Air Now

Floor Fillers

7:00pm - Midnight

Yankuba Minteh transfer news: Brighton reject Liverpool bid of £60m for winger

You are viewing content from Fosse 107 Loughborough. Would you like to make this your preferred location?

Brighton have rejected a £60m bid from Liverpool for winger Yankuba Minteh.

Sky Sports News understands the proposal did not meet Brighton's valuation after the Reds previously failed with a £50m bid for the 22-year-old.

  • Transfer Centre LIVE! | Liverpool news & transfers🔴
  • Got Sky? Watch Premier League games LIVE on your phone📱
  • Not got Sky? Latest Sky Sports deals or stream PL games with no contract📺

Minteh is currently unavailable due to an injury, which is likely to keep him out until October. Brighton are also without Kaoru Mitoma, who has been sidelined since May with a hamstring injury.

Brighton are also in talks with Manchester United over the sale of Carlos Baleba, with an agreement understood to be close over a deal worth in excess of £60m.

Liverpool prioritising reinforcements out wide

Reinforcing in wide-forward areas has been Liverpool's priority throughout this window after already signing Victor Munoz from Osasuna earlier in the window.

As part of Liverpool's process to add in wide areas, they are looking at a number of possibilities, one of those being Minteh.

Liverpool have been pursuing Bradley Barcola at Paris Saint-Germain and remain in contact with the European champions over a deal.

However, PSG's £145m valuation is a complicating factor as Liverpool do not currently want to reach that figure.

Hurzeler: It's normal to have players linked with moves

Brighton boss Fabian Hurzeler says it is normal for players to be linked away with moves given the success of the Seagulls across recent season.

Minteh and Baleba are the latest Brighton players to attract transfer interest, after already losing Jan Paul van Hecke to Tottenham and Danny Welbeck to Chelsea earlier in the window.

Speaking ahead of their season opener against Aston Villa on Sunday, live on Sky Sports, Hurzeler said: "We know in general, all the players who there are rumours about are important players, they've been part of the journey over the last two years.

"It's normal that if a team is doing well, then there will be a big ask for players. That's part of my job here, it's part of our identity.

"We can go through every individual player, we know how important they are but we know good achievements, big achievements, you create a lot of attention and therefore we have to wait now.

"The situation will evolve. I'm not here to complain, I'm here to find solutions."

(c) Sky Sports 2026: Yankuba Minteh transfer news: Brighton reject Liverpool bid of £60m for winger

More from Sport

5 Day Forecast

  • Fri

    Light rain shower

    19°C

  • Sat

    Sunny intervals

    20°C

  • Sun

    Sunny intervals

    22°C

  • Mon

    Sunny intervals

    23°C

  • Tue

    Light rain shower

    24°C

On Air Now and Next

  • Floor Fillers

    7:00pm - Midnight

    The biggest party anthems for your weekend!

  • Just Great Music

    Midnight - 6:00am

    Up late or up early, we've got Just Great Music interruption-free.

Recently Played

Follow us on Social Media