A cup final match between FC Wymeswold and Cosby was abandoned after reports of racial abuse.
It happened during the Saturday Vase Final at Holmes Park in Whetstone on Wednesday evening (3rd April).
The match was stopped after 78 minutes.
Reports suggest a FC Wymeswold player was racially abused.
The FA released a statement after the match saying it would investigate all the allegations and take the necessary action.
We urge anyone who heard or saw anything leading up to the abandonment submits a statement to discipline@leicestershirefa.com. Match officials and stewards will be submitting statements too. The outcome of the match will be decided upon disciplinary proceedings.
— Leicestershire FA ⚽️ (@leicsfa) April 3, 2019
The Leicestershire FA said that as the investigation was now active it would not be able to comment further.
Wymeswold FC player Linford Harris tweeted after the game to say he had been the victim of racism.
So sorry to witness and suffer such racism in this day and age, thanks everyone for the support. Appreciate everyone standing behind me. WE ARE ALL EQUAL. #SayNoToRacism.
— Linford harris (@Linfordharris1) April 3, 2019
FC Wymeswold said the club would issue a statement in due course.
Cosby United tweeted it would support the FA investigation into the matter.
Town Hall reopens after fire
New exhibition shows how BRUSH keeps the lights on
100 years of Shelthorpe estate
Man jailed for 10 years for killing pub-goer
Meet Charnwood's new Mayor
Brothers tried to dupe Leicesteshire Police to avoid jail
Flat Fire in Baxtergate Loughborough
Sir David Attenborough is 100
