Police are investigating whether a fire at Rossini Ristorante on Lancaster Road was started deliberately.
It's believed a fire which has closed a popular restaurant in Hinckley was started deliberately.
Police were called to Rossini Ristorante, on Lancaster Road in Hinckley on Sunday 10th March at around 11:30pm to reports of a fire.
On social media, the restaurant owners have released a statement this evening (19 Mar) explaining they hope to be able to reopen soon.
The statement said: "We were previously unable to release a statement due to the ongoing police investigation. Rossini Restaurant had an intruder enter the restaurant and maliciously set fire to the bar on Sunday the 10th of March at around 11pm. This person has caused a lot of damage to the restaurant and unfortunately it is going to take time to fix said issues. As a result Rossini is closed until further notice. Our sincere apologies. All vouchers held will remain valid until we re-open the restaurant. A very big thank you to all our loyal customers who have stood by us for the past 10 years and we will see you at the re-launch."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Leicestershire Police.
Meet Hinckley's new Mayor
Brothers tried to dupe Leicesteshire Police to avoid jail
Sir David Attenborough is 100
Should the school summer holidays in Leicestershire change?
Maternity mental health support
Mallory Mile returns to Mallory Park Circuit
People urged to get their covid jab in the next two weeks ahead of restrictions lifting in England
How to get your Covid vaccine if you're over 18
